Esperanza was established by the Hispanic Clergy of Philadelphia and vicinity in 1987 to demonstrate God’s call to service as expressed in Matthew 25:40. As Esperanza and the Latino community continues to grow, we have expanded the size and scope of our programs to address evolving needs and to improve the economic stability of the region. Esperanza’s portfolio includes housing and economic development, immigration services, job training through our Career Link Center, and a variety of educational opportunities including Esperanza Academy Charter School, Esperanza Cyber Charter School, The Barrio Youth Initiative, AMLA and Esperanza College of Eastern University. Additionally, Esperanza maintains a vast national network of over 14,000 Hispanic clergy and congregations and 500 nonprofit organizations.
Esperanza’s growth and success is in large part due to the ongoing commitment and support of the local Hispanic Clergy and church. As a result, Esperanza wishes to utilize the Esperanza Hispanic Ministry Small Grant Fund to invest in the development and strengthening of the work of Christ as expressed in the Hispanic church and its leaders.
The Esperanza Hispanic Ministry Small Grant Fund supports Latino/Hispanic churches and church leadership located in Philadelphia County and funds projects that focus on the development of the church’s leadership (professional and lay), development of the church’s youth ministry (youth ministry team and the ministry thereof), and the church’s ministries of service to the Latino/Hispanic community, including:
- Latino/Hispanic clergy and churches who demonstrate the ability to advance Esperanza’s mission of serving “the least of these” (Matthew 25:40). Priority will be given to programs and services that are reflective for Esperanza’s programming
- Latino/Hispanic clergy and churches serving the Latino community
- Latino/Hispanic clergy and churches who provide or promote educational or community development opportunities for individuals and communities
- Latino/Hispanic churches who seek to develop and enhance current leadership
- Latino/Hispanic churches seeking to enhance/develop their youth ministries.
- Latino/Hispanic churches with budgets of $500,000 or less
- Latino/Hispanic churches serving Philadelphia County
Proposals are accepted on a rolling basis. Feel free to submit applications as they are completed. Applicants will only be awarded a maximum of one time per fiscal year.
Should you have further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regarding online submissions, they may be submitted to email@example.com with subject line: Attn: Esperanza Hispanic Ministry Small Grants Fund.”