It’s not enough to see a problem – we are compelled in dark times to take action. Generosity inspires us. Community and connection move us forward.
Click to make your gift or create a fundraising page to invite others to support. All funds raised will be matched 1:1 (up to the first $20,000) by the New Americans Campaign!
Esperanza Immigration Legal Services (EILS) was formed in 2009 with the mission to provide direct legal services, advocacy, and community education for underserved immigrants and their families so they have the opportunity to contribute to and participate in American society.
EILS is located in the heart of a low-income Latino neighborhood in North Philadelphia. We offer convenient, affordable, and culturally accessible services to the most underserved immigrants, with a focus on the Hispanic community in particular.
The local, grassroots work of EILS is closely related to the work of Esperanza’s campaign to support the passage of comprehensive immigration reform on a regional and national level.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT
- We provide low-cost, non-litigation legal services to low-income immigrants and their families, including self-petitions for victims of domestic violence, special visas for unaccompanied minors, green card applications, family petitions, and naturalization applications.
- We also offer workshops in English and Spanish to help immigrant families thrive in the United States, on topics such as financial literacy, debunking common immigration myths, and preparation for emergency situations. We also conduct citizenship classes to prepare eligible candidates for the citizenship exam.
- We annually host Citizenship Day, convening a group of lawyers to offer their services pro bono to immigrants from the community.
- We speak English, Spanish, and French.
WHAT WE HAVE ACHIEVED
- Since its founding, EILS has provided legal services to more than 800 low-income immigrants. We have also served more than 1,500 immigrants in educational workshops.
- In that time, we have achieved more than 360 positive immigration remedies, and have helped naturalize nearly 200 new American citizens!
Watch The Madrid Family’s Story and see how EILS is changing the lives of immigrants in Philadelphia.
Want to get immigration email updates?
PLEASE NOTE: When inquiring about legal services, please provide your name, phone number and legal services requested. We will contact you as soon as we can to follow up with your message. If we are unable to assist you, do not hesitate to contact other low-cost immigration legal agencies in Philadelphia.
ATENCIÓN: Al contactarnos, por favor proporcione su nombre, número de teléfono y servicios legales solicitados. Nos pondremos en contacto con usted lo antes posible para dar seguimiento a su mensaje. Si no es posible para nosotros de trabajar con ustedes, no dude en contactar las otras agencias de Fildadelfia.
- Esperanza Statement on Capitol Building Events January 12, 2021
- Deborah’s Story of Hope: Empowering Influencers & Changemakers January 6, 2021
- Esperanza Arts Center Presents VOCES January 6, 2021
- Maria’s Restaurant: Back in Action December 15, 2020
- Guillermo’s Story: Seizing Hope! December 15, 2020