Driven by our missional values of faith, integrity and excellence we strive to build an opportunity community where all aspire to live.
Opportunity communities are characterized by increasing prosperity, affordable housing, growing businesses, great schools, safe streets, creative spaces, and an engaged community life.
For more than 30 years, Esperanza has been empowering those on a pathway out of poverty in the Hunting Park section of North Philadelphia by offering programs that cultivate self-belief, grit, and knowledge acquisition, allowing clients to develop agency, voice, and influence over their own lives.
Esperanza’s programs help individuals at all stages of their lives to accumulate assets (economic, physical, and psychological) that together generate an effective toolkit of skills for successful advancement. We offer a diverse range of programs designed to prepare the next generation of community leaders, including secondary education, youth civic engagement, community STEM education, and arts education.
Our work is based in faith
• We desire to show God’s love by providing humble, compassionate, sacrificial service.
• We believe in the transformative power of Jesus Christ that effects change and provides uplifting hope to the “least of these,” the underserved and marginalized in our community.
We value integrity
• We manage our operations honestly and with the highest ethical standards.
• We treat clients, employees, and all stakeholders with respect and trust.
• We exercise responsible stewardship of the resources entrusted to us.
• We exert our influence in the pursuit of justice.
We uphold the highest standard of excellence.
• We provide quality programs and service, and we invest in their continuous improvement.
• We see mission-driven people and promote their development in an environment where they can excel.