Ms. Marilyn Marsh comes to Esperanza College of Eastern University from Publicis Healthcare Solutions, where she served as National Sales Director. In that role, she was recognized as one of the top 100 women in her industry globally who are inspiring role models to others through vision, dedication, and action. Prior to her current position, Ms. Marsh served in several management roles with Merck & Co.
Esperanza founder and CEO, Rev. Luis Cortés, had this to say about the incoming Executive Dean, “I believe that Marilyn Marsh will bring a perspective that we might not find in a more traditionally prepared person. She comes from a production orientation, and she knows that mission is tied to the ability to develop and continually assess teams for continuous improvement.”
Ms. Marsh completed a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at Morgan State University, a Master of Science in Organizational Dynamics at the University of Pennsylvania, and a Master of Theological Studies at Palmer Theological Seminary of Eastern University. She instructed and advised business students for several years in Rutgers University’s online Executive Education program. In addition, Ms. Marsh is deeply involved in church and community as a voluntary nonprofit organizational director and a leader for adult, youth and children’s ministries.
Search committee chair, Dr. Tom Ridington, explained it was the combination of many qualities that evinced Ms. Marsh’s fit for this position, “The Search Committee was attracted to Marilyn’s executive experience, her ability to create culture, her understanding of sales and marketing, her personal story’s alignment with our mission, and her thoughtful engagement. Esperanza College should flourish under her leadership.”
Ms. Marsh began her tenure as Executive Dean of Esperanza College on July 22, 2019.
Sign-up for email updates!
- Esperanza Arts Center presents Lo que vendrá October 18, 2021
- Passion, pride strong for students in Esperanza Academy Dance Ensemble. 6abc Action News; October.13, 2021 October 14, 2021
- Esperanza Center helps showcase Latino arts and music. FOX 29 Philadelphia; October. 1, 2021. October 12, 2021
- Hispanic Heritage Month: Philadelphia Latin music school reopens. PHL17 NEWS; October. 11, 2021 October 12, 2021
- Daniel de Jesús becomes Music Education and Community Relations Director at Esperanza Arts Center. Generocity; October. 1, 2021 October 5, 2021