- This event has passed.
Immersion Science Camp
June 26, 2017 @ 9:00 am - June 30, 2017 @ 1:00 pm
FlyLab is a fun, informative, inquiry-based event that is a great introduction to how experiments are performed in cancer research labs, such as the Fox Chase Cancer Center.
In one week, FlyLab runs from Benchwork Bootcamp to Experimental Analysis all performed by the students using techniques and equipment common to researchers around the world.
Students will be introduced to basic genetics, observe the stages of fruit fly development, and work to make connections between diet and health.
Interested participants must fill out the following application and recommendation letters below and e-mail them to email@example.com or mail them to Esperanza College by June 6, 2017:
Sign-up for email updates!
- Too many Philadelphians continue to risk losing access to clean running water if they fall behind with paying their water bill. Our neighbors are relying on shut-off protections which need to be renewed. Water shutoffs is a public health issue and more importantly a moral one. We call upon the next Mayor of the City of Philadelphia to permanently renew these protections. November 7, 2023
- Univision 65, Esperanza and Impacto Media Invite the Candidates Back to North Philadelphia for “Filadelfia Decide: A Latino Community Conversation with Mayoral Candidates” November 1, 2023
- Vice President of Marketing and Communications, Jael Conde, is a part of VisitPhilly Hispanic Voices campaign, highlighting the rich diversity within Philadelphia’s Hispanic and Latino communities. October 6, 2023
- ‘Digital Navigator’ program to expand internet help to Philadelphia’s neighboring counties October 6, 2023
- Philly sends out 2nd wave of SEPTA ‘Zero Fare’ cards for low-income residents October 6, 2023