- This event has passed.
Immersion Science Camp
June 26, 2017 @ 9:00 am - June 30, 2017 @ 1:00 pm
Join us for a week of fun and science at FlyLab hosted by Esperanza College and Fox Chase Cancer Center and become a member of the STEM-Gen!
FlyLab is a fun, informative, inquiry-based event that is a great introduction to how experiments are performed in cancer research labs, such as the Fox Chase Cancer Center.
In one week, FlyLab runs from Benchwork Bootcamp to Experimental Analysis all performed by the students using techniques and equipment common to researchers around the world.
Students will be introduced to basic genetics, observe the stages of fruit fly development, and work to make connections between diet and health.
Interested participants must fill out the following application and recommendation letters below and e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to Esperanza College by June 6, 2017:
Esperanza College Summer STEM Camp application 2017
Immersion Science Summer Camp 2017- Recommendation Form.
- June 26, 2017 @ 9:00 am
- June 30, 2017 @ 1:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Esperanza College
- Event Tags:
- education, Esperanza College, Fox Chase Cancer Center, STEM-Gen
- Esperanza College of Eastern University
4261 N 5th St
Philadelphia, PA 19140 United States + Google Map
- (215) 324-0746
Sign-up for email updates!
- The Reverend Luis Cortés, Founder and CEO of Esperanza, calls for Federal Home Loan Banks to address the housing crisis by doubling funds for affordable housing. February 10, 2023
- Josiah’s Story- Called to Youth Leadership January 23, 2023
- Laura’s Dream- Club L&M Nutrition January 23, 2023
- The Path to the Arts: Andrick’s Story January 23, 2023
- Elsa’s Story- Dedicated to Her Community January 23, 2023