- This event has passed.
October 14, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Led by Argentine musical polymath and composer, Pablo Murgier, Ensemble Murgier represents a meeting point between avant-garde tango, jazz, and Latin American popular music. In their musical explorations, the Ensemble projects itself onto the map of Latin America. The trajectories of each individual musician allows the sextet to perform intimate chamber music without losing the power and freshness of popular Latin American folklore.
Bodas de Sangre
Stay tuned at the end of Ensemble Murgier’s presentation for a special bonus feature by Teatro Quarantine – the second episode of Frederico Garcia Lorca’s Bodas de Sangre!
Teatro Quarantine presents Lorca’s seminal work for the stage as you’ve never experienced it – produced virtually with actors and sets in remote locations. In the face of the current lockdown, necessity has again become the mother of invention and innovation as every actor has become their own costume designer, set designer, lighting designer, technical director, and crew member. The result? A gathering of incredible artists to create a unique fully virtual production of Bodas de Sangre! Bilingual, online and full of DUENDE!
VIRTUAL LATINO ARTS FESTIVAL
Esperanza Arts Center presents our first annual Virtual Latino Arts Festival, celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month with streamed performances by Latino artists and traditions from around the world.
- October 14, 2020
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Sign-up for email updates!
- Wells Fargo Regional Foundation Announcement – Philadelphia Foundation YouTube Channel; Dec. 18, 2020 April 7, 2021
- Esperanza becomes the Second City Managed and Federally Supported Community Vaccination Center March 30, 2021
- Enfoque: regreso a clases seguro -Telemundo 62; Feb. 21, 2021 March 24, 2021
- We Need SEPTA to Clean Up, Not Close Up March 18, 2021
- Esperanza Statement on Capitol Building Events January 12, 2021