- This event has passed.
Primeros Viernes – Decade of Fire
December 6, 2019 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm$10
In the 1970s the Bronx was on fire. Abandoned by city government, nearly a half-million people were displaced as their close-knit multi-ethnic neighborhood burned to the ground. While insidious government policies caused the devastation, Black and Puerto Rican residents bore the blame. Now Bronx-born, Vivian Vasquez Irizarry exposes the truth about the borough’s untold history and reveals how her community chose to resist, remain, and rebuild.
- Bill Rhoads, SVP Performing Arts
- Teatro Esperanza
4261 N 5th Street
Philadephia, PA 19140 United States + Google Map
Sign-up for email updates!
- Philadelphia’s faith leaders partner with one another and the city to increase vaccine access in communities of color – WHYY; June. 12, 2021 June 14, 2021
- Forrópera Experiência, Community Arts Collaboration at Its Peak – THE DANCE Journal; May. 17, 2021 June 7, 2021
- Esperanza and Vanguard Strong Start for Kids Program™ Collaborate to Strengthen Early Childhood Education June 2, 2021
- City holds vaccination clinic for deaf, hard hearing communities in Hunting Park – 6abc Action News; May. 1, 2021 May 10, 2021
- Esperanza has been a success at vaccinating Latinos, but Black Philadelphians still lag behind – The Philadelphia Inquirer; May. 10, 2021 May 10, 2021