- This event has passed.
May 5, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Music from Mexico
Orchestra 2001 presents an evening of chamber music by Mexican composers, featuring the world premiere of a new work by Francisco Cortés-Álvarez. This performance is part of Mexican Culture Week, sponsored by the Mexican Cultural Center.
Show your alebrije at Teatro Esperanza for free admission to ¡Conexiones! featuring music by Mexican composers!
Create your alebrije by participating in Mexican Culture Center’s Alebrije Contest and the Barnes Foundation Alebrije Workshop during PECO Free First Sunday Family Day on May 5th.
To enter the alebrije contest:
-Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and phone number. The registration deadline is April 29th.
-Alebrijes must be completed and presented on May 5th, 2019 at the Barnes Foundation between 8:00am-9:00am. Event starts at 10:00am.
-All alebrijes must respect the traditional Mexican format and will be evaluated for presentation, creativity and originality.
The contest is open to everyone: organizations, universities, companies, families, and individuals.
For more information call: (215) 592-0410 or email: email@example.com
- Bill Rhoads, SVP Performing Arts
- Teatro Esperanza
4261 N 5th Street
Philadephia, PA 19140 United States + Google Map
Sign-up for email updates!
- City holds vaccination clinic for deaf, hard hearing communities in Hunting Park – 6abc Action News; May. 1, 2021 May 10, 2021
- Esperanza has been a success at vaccinating Latinos, but Black Philadelphians still lag behind – The Philadelphia Inquirer; May. 10, 2021 May 10, 2021
- “Celebrating Hope for New Citizens” To Raise Vital Support for Philadelphia’s Only Immigration Legal Services Non-Profit in North Philadelphia April 29, 2021
- Interested but skeptical, Latinos benefit the most at North Philly mass vaccination site at Esperanza – The Philadelphia Inquire; April 23. 2021 April 23, 2021
- Esperanza Statement on Recent Verdict of Derek Chauvin April 21, 2021