The Barrio Youth Initiative launched the year-long BYI leadership program on Saturday, Jan. 21 which inspires, equips and resources youth ministers to be better leaders in serving Latino youth. Youth leaders submitted an application along with their team and made a commitment to learn together for the next year.
“We are very excited about this developing youth ministry network in Philadelphia,” Rev. Ruben Ortiz, Director of National Programs and Executive Director of the Barrio Youth Initiative of Esperanza. “We kicked-off this program of 15 local youth leaders representing six churches of various denominational affiliations.”
BYI is an intensive year-long program for like-minded youth ministers who wish to be trained, participate in group dialogues with other youth ministry teams, be mentored by seasoned ministers, participate in grant opportunities and visit youth ministries in other cities. We want to see youth leaders remain in the calling to urban youth ministry for the long-haul, and want to see them thrive.
The orientation invigorated the participants with a renewed commitment to the young people they serve in the Northern Philadelphia community.
Sign-up for email updates!
- Wells Fargo Regional Foundation Announcement – Philadelphia Foundation YouTube Channel; Dec. 18, 2020 April 7, 2021
- Esperanza becomes the Second City Managed and Federally Supported Community Vaccination Center March 30, 2021
- Enfoque: regreso a clases seguro -Telemundo 62; Feb. 21, 2021 March 24, 2021
- We Need SEPTA to Clean Up, Not Close Up March 18, 2021
- Esperanza Statement on Capitol Building Events January 12, 2021