What is Historias de Esperanza?
Historias de Esperanza is a documentary series which invites the viewer to reflect on who our neighbor is and how we can help our neighbors who need it the most. The series is currently produced by Esperanza in Philadelphia and is set to air in the fall of 2015.
“Ayudar es Contagioso”
This episode features two cancer patients from Guadalajara, Mexico, Nora & Juanita, waiting for a life-saving treatment, and a group of doctors from Philadelphia led by Medical Director of International Initiatives in Oncology at Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Dr. Jesús Esquivel, M.D. The story reveals Hispanic medical professionals fighting to restore hope to these patients, motivated by the will to serve those without access to advanced medical care.
Sign-up for email updates!
- Esperanza Arts Center announces its lineup for the 2023-2024 season August 31, 2023
- 77 faith groups get total of $92 million for innovative faith programs for children July 20, 2023
- In New Policy Recommendations, Esperanza and Community Legal Services of Philadelphia Call For The Expansion Of LIHEAP to Cover Cooling Needs as Temperatures Rise June 9, 2023
- Alex’s Story: Dream Big! June 6, 2023
- Vaccine Champions in the Hunting Park Business Corridor June 6, 2023