What is Historias de Esperanza?
Historias de Esperanza is a documentary series which invites the viewer to reflect on who our neighbor is and how we can help our neighbors who need it the most. The series is currently produced by Esperanza in Philadelphia and is set to air in the fall of 2015.
“Ayudar es Contagioso”
This episode features two cancer patients from Guadalajara, Mexico, Nora & Juanita, waiting for a life-saving treatment, and a group of doctors from Philadelphia led by Medical Director of International Initiatives in Oncology at Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Dr. Jesús Esquivel, M.D. The story reveals Hispanic medical professionals fighting to restore hope to these patients, motivated by the will to serve those without access to advanced medical care.
Sign-up for email updates!
- Esperanza Academy Music Teacher Recognized on Yamaha’s “40 Under 40” List February 9, 2024
- A new art gallery in Hunting Park welcomes the next generation of Latino artists January 2, 2024
- “Greedflation” costing Pa. families thousands each year, Sen. Bob Casey says December 19, 2023
- Esperanza Celebrates the Grand Opening of Galería Esperanza, Showcasing Latin Arts and Culture December 12, 2023
- Too many Philadelphians continue to risk losing access to clean running water if they fall behind with paying their water bill. Our neighbors are relying on shut-off protections which need to be renewed. Water shutoffs is a public health issue and more importantly a moral one. We call upon the next Mayor of the City of Philadelphia to permanently renew these protections. November 7, 2023