Maria’s Restaurant has been a fixture along the Hunting Park 5th Street corridor, offering authentic Caribbean food at affordable prices since 1997. Together with her sons and local employees, she serves an average of 100 people each day. Maria closed the restaurant on March 16th due to the coronavirus, taking with it her family’s only source of income. Esperanza worked with Maria and her sons to ensure they could successfully apply for several small business grants and loans. Maria has received $7,500 in funding from the City of Philadelphia Commerce Department and The Merchant’s Fund combined. With these resources, Maria’s family will be able to resume their operations with safety precautions, and the area will benefit from Maria’s Restaurant’s longstanding presence and warm meals once again.
Maria’s Restaurant: Back in Action
Sign-up for email updates!
- Esperanza Housing & Economic Development to Mobilize Community Through $20,000 TD Green Space Grant Program May 11, 2022
- “Celebrating Hope for Immigrants” To Raise Vital Support for Immigration Legal Services Non-Profit in North Philadelphia May 10, 2022
- Breaking Barriers: Stephanie’s Story of Hope April 22, 2022
- Martha’s Story: A New Season of Hope April 22, 2022
- Nohely’s Story of Hope: Empowering a New Generation of Entrepreneurs April 22, 2022