- This event has passed.
October 6, 2021 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
maintains its cool, even at its most racing tempos; always urbane, sophisticated, and contemporary. –City Paper
Led by Orlando and Patricia Haddad, Minas’ impact on the Philadelphia music and cultural scene has been a constant since 1984, when the couple moved from Rio de Janeiro to The City of Brotherly Love. They introduced Philadelphia audiences to Brazilian Carnaval, founded the city’s first samba drum troupe – Philasamba, and have presented educational programs introducing the music of Brazil in schools for more than half a million children.
- October 6, 2021
7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- Featured, Teatro Esperanza
- Esperanza Arts Center
Sign-up for email updates!
- The Reverend Luis Cortés, Founder and CEO of Esperanza, calls for Federal Home Loan Banks to address the housing crisis by doubling funds for affordable housing. February 10, 2023
- Josiah’s Story- Called to Youth Leadership January 23, 2023
- Laura’s Dream- Club L&M Nutrition January 23, 2023
- The Path to the Arts: Andrick’s Story January 23, 2023
- Elsa’s Story- Dedicated to Her Community January 23, 2023