- This event has passed.
October 6, 2021 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
maintains its cool, even at its most racing tempos; always urbane, sophisticated, and contemporary. –City Paper
Led by Orlando and Patricia Haddad, Minas’ impact on the Philadelphia music and cultural scene has been a constant since 1984, when the couple moved from Rio de Janeiro to The City of Brotherly Love. They introduced Philadelphia audiences to Brazilian Carnaval, founded the city’s first samba drum troupe – Philasamba, and have presented educational programs introducing the music of Brazil in schools for more than half a million children.
- October 6, 2021
7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- Featured, Teatro Esperanza
- Esperanza Arts Center
Sign-up for email updates!
- Rev. Luis Cortes Addresses Vital Latino Pennsylvania Concerns before the Pennsylvania House Democratic Policy Committee September 27, 2023
- Esperanza Arts Center announces its lineup for the 2023-2024 season August 31, 2023
- 77 faith groups get total of $92 million for innovative faith programs for children July 20, 2023
- In New Policy Recommendations, Esperanza and Community Legal Services of Philadelphia Call For The Expansion Of LIHEAP to Cover Cooling Needs as Temperatures Rise June 9, 2023
- Alex’s Story: Dream Big! June 6, 2023