- This event has passed.
March 2, 2019 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm$10
Music from the Ecuadorian Andes
Andes Manta performs the vibrant music of the Andes on more than 35 traditional instruments. From the lyrical sound of the quena, or Andean Flute, to the haunting tones of the six-foot-long pan-pipes, the music of Andes Manta is an experience that never fails to bring audiences to their feet. Saturday show culminates the ensemble’s in-school residency at Esperanza Academy, where Andes Manta musicians will lead a pan-pipe building workshop and rehearsal with Esperanza Academy students. Saturday’s concert will feature an interactive performance by Esperanza Academy students and their families as a finale.
Get your tickets here.
Free Admission for children (18 and under)
Doors open 10:00 am
Audience Q&A immediately following the performance
More information about Andes Manta: http://www.andesmanta.com/Biography.htm
- Bill Rhoads, SVP Performing Arts
- Teatro Esperanza
4261 N 5th Street
Philadephia, PA 19140 United States + Google Map
Sign-up for email updates!
- Philadelphia’s faith leaders partner with one another and the city to increase vaccine access in communities of color – WHYY; June. 12, 2021 June 14, 2021
- Forrópera Experiência, Community Arts Collaboration at Its Peak – THE DANCE Journal; May. 17, 2021 June 7, 2021
- Esperanza and Vanguard Strong Start for Kids Program™ Collaborate to Strengthen Early Childhood Education June 2, 2021
- City holds vaccination clinic for deaf, hard hearing communities in Hunting Park – 6abc Action News; May. 1, 2021 May 10, 2021
- Esperanza has been a success at vaccinating Latinos, but Black Philadelphians still lag behind – The Philadelphia Inquirer; May. 10, 2021 May 10, 2021