- This event has passed.
March 2, 2019 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm$10
Music from the Ecuadorian Andes
Andes Manta performs the vibrant music of the Andes on more than 35 traditional instruments. From the lyrical sound of the quena, or Andean Flute, to the haunting tones of the six-foot-long pan-pipes, the music of Andes Manta is an experience that never fails to bring audiences to their feet. Saturday show culminates the ensemble’s in-school residency at Esperanza Academy, where Andes Manta musicians will lead a pan-pipe building workshop and rehearsal with Esperanza Academy students. Saturday’s concert will feature an interactive performance by Esperanza Academy students and their families as a finale.
Get your tickets here.
Free Admission for children (18 and under)
Doors open 10:00 am
Audience Q&A immediately following the performance
More information about Andes Manta: http://www.andesmanta.com/Biography.htm
- Bill Rhoads, SVP Performing Arts
- Teatro Esperanza
4261 N 5th Street
Philadephia, PA 19140 United States + Google Map
Sign-up for email updates!
- Esperanza Housing & Economic Development to Mobilize Community Through $20,000 TD Green Space Grant Program May 11, 2022
- “Celebrating Hope for Immigrants” To Raise Vital Support for Immigration Legal Services Non-Profit in North Philadelphia May 10, 2022
- Breaking Barriers: Stephanie’s Story of Hope April 22, 2022
- Martha’s Story: A New Season of Hope April 22, 2022
- Nohely’s Story of Hope: Empowering a New Generation of Entrepreneurs April 22, 2022