- This event has passed.
March 2, 2019 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm$10
Music from the Ecuadorian Andes
Andes Manta performs the vibrant music of the Andes on more than 35 traditional instruments. From the lyrical sound of the quena, or Andean Flute, to the haunting tones of the six-foot-long pan-pipes, the music of Andes Manta is an experience that never fails to bring audiences to their feet. Saturday show culminates the ensemble’s in-school residency at Esperanza Academy, where Andes Manta musicians will lead a pan-pipe building workshop and rehearsal with Esperanza Academy students. Saturday’s concert will feature an interactive performance by Esperanza Academy students and their families as a finale.
Get your tickets here.
Free Admission for children (18 and under)
Doors open 10:00 am
Audience Q&A immediately following the performance
More information about Andes Manta: http://www.andesmanta.com/Biography.htm
- Bill Rhoads, SVP Performing Arts
- Teatro Esperanza
4261 N 5th Street
Philadephia, PA 19140 United States + Google Map
Sign-up for email updates!
- Esperanza Arts Center Welcomes Daniel de Jesús as Music Education & Community Relations Director September 13, 2021
- Virtual Latino Arts Festival presented by Esperanza Arts Center September 7, 2021
- Hispanic organization marks 35 years investing in North Philly community August 26, 2021
- Biden’s child tax credit will spread wealth. But 13K Philly kids stand to miss out. WHYY; July. 23, 2021 July 29, 2021
- For the second time in a row the Hunting Park community loses a pool for summer, “the only source of heat relief” for many families.The Inquirer; July. 26, 2021 July 29, 2021