- This event has passed.
March 2, 2019 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm$10
Music from the Ecuadorian Andes
Andes Manta performs the vibrant music of the Andes on more than 35 traditional instruments. From the lyrical sound of the quena, or Andean Flute, to the haunting tones of the six-foot-long pan-pipes, the music of Andes Manta is an experience that never fails to bring audiences to their feet. Saturday show culminates the ensemble’s in-school residency at Esperanza Academy, where Andes Manta musicians will lead a pan-pipe building workshop and rehearsal with Esperanza Academy students. Saturday’s concert will feature an interactive performance by Esperanza Academy students and their families as a finale.
Get your tickets here.
Free Admission for children (18 and under)
Doors open 10:00 am
Audience Q&A immediately following the performance
More information about Andes Manta: http://www.andesmanta.com/Biography.htm
- Bill Rhoads, SVP Performing Arts
- Teatro Esperanza
4261 N 5th Street
Philadephia, PA 19140 United States + Google Map
Sign-up for email updates!
- Esperanza Arts Center presents Lo que vendrá October 18, 2021
- Passion, pride strong for students in Esperanza Academy Dance Ensemble. 6abc Action News; October.13, 2021 October 14, 2021
- Esperanza Center helps showcase Latino arts and music. FOX 29 Philadelphia; October. 1, 2021. October 12, 2021
- Hispanic Heritage Month: Philadelphia Latin music school reopens. PHL17 NEWS; October. 11, 2021 October 12, 2021
- Daniel de Jesús becomes Music Education and Community Relations Director at Esperanza Arts Center. Generocity; October. 1, 2021 October 5, 2021