Esperanza Academy Charter High School teacher Justin Grow experienced something recently that many educators get to experience during their careers, but doesn’t get talked about nearly often enough. He saw the potential of a student become a reality.
This is his story:
“One of my British Literature students recently showed me a worn piece of paper, a diagnostic writing sample she had written as a new immigrant from DR [Dominican Republic]. Reading it, I couldn’t make out any of the words. Laughing, she explained what each word was supposed to be. This student is now reading Shakespeare, has one of the top grades in her English class, and is one of the top 20 students in the senior class overall!”
At Esperanza, we get to see success stories like this every day, because our team is incredibly talented, dedicated, and passionate about strengthening Hispanic communities. We know the potential of every person in Hunting Park, and we don’t just create the hope to reach that potential. We create the means to make those hopes realities.
Sign-up for email updates!
- Wells Fargo Regional Foundation Announcement – Philadelphia Foundation YouTube Channel; Dec. 18, 2020 April 7, 2021
- Esperanza becomes the Second City Managed and Federally Supported Community Vaccination Center March 30, 2021
- Enfoque: regreso a clases seguro -Telemundo 62; Feb. 21, 2021 March 24, 2021
- We Need SEPTA to Clean Up, Not Close Up March 18, 2021
- Esperanza Statement on Capitol Building Events January 12, 2021