Christine Nieves has been named vice president of development for Esperanza Inc. Nieves comes to Esperanza from Women Against Abuse (WAA), where she deepened corporate relationships, diversified funding streams and expanded the agency’s signature fundraising event. Additionally, she advised board, leadership and staff as WAA’s racial equity officer.
Nieves also served as a member of Esperanza’s development staff from 2007-2012.
Nieves is a graduate of Williams College where her thesis focused on housing for Puerto Ricans in New York and Philadelphia from 1964-1985. She is also recognized as a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE).
Sign-up for email updates!
- Too many Philadelphians continue to risk losing access to clean running water if they fall behind with paying their water bill. Our neighbors are relying on shut-off protections which need to be renewed. Water shutoffs is a public health issue and more importantly a moral one. We call upon the next Mayor of the City of Philadelphia to permanently renew these protections. November 7, 2023
- Univision 65, Esperanza and Impacto Media Invite the Candidates Back to North Philadelphia for “Filadelfia Decide: A Latino Community Conversation with Mayoral Candidates” November 1, 2023
- Vice President of Marketing and Communications, Jael Conde, is a part of VisitPhilly Hispanic Voices campaign, highlighting the rich diversity within Philadelphia’s Hispanic and Latino communities. October 6, 2023
- ‘Digital Navigator’ program to expand internet help to Philadelphia’s neighboring counties October 6, 2023
- Philly sends out 2nd wave of SEPTA ‘Zero Fare’ cards for low-income residents October 6, 2023