Christine Nieves has been named vice president of development for Esperanza Inc. Nieves comes to Esperanza from Women Against Abuse (WAA), where she deepened corporate relationships, diversified funding streams and expanded the agency’s signature fundraising event. Additionally, she advised board, leadership and staff as WAA’s racial equity officer.
Nieves also served as a member of Esperanza’s development staff from 2007-2012.
Nieves is a graduate of Williams College where her thesis focused on housing for Puerto Ricans in New York and Philadelphia from 1964-1985. She is also recognized as a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE).
Sign-up for email updates!
- Philadelphia’s faith leaders partner with one another and the city to increase vaccine access in communities of color – WHYY; June. 12, 2021 June 14, 2021
- Forrópera Experiência, Community Arts Collaboration at Its Peak – THE DANCE Journal; May. 17, 2021 June 7, 2021
- Esperanza and Vanguard Strong Start for Kids Program™ Collaborate to Strengthen Early Childhood Education June 2, 2021
- City holds vaccination clinic for deaf, hard hearing communities in Hunting Park – 6abc Action News; May. 1, 2021 May 10, 2021
- Esperanza has been a success at vaccinating Latinos, but Black Philadelphians still lag behind – The Philadelphia Inquirer; May. 10, 2021 May 10, 2021