Mr. Rhoads attained his undergraduate degree in music composition and philosophy from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Following his studies in Madison, he pursued a degree in audio engineering and production from the Institute of Audio Research in New York City. His early career included roles directing the concert music division for Carl Fischer Music Publishers as well as presiding over of his own performing arts management and promotion agency through which he represented the interests of a wide variety of artists, publishers, and performers. In 2006, Mr. Rhoads’ professional career shifted to the management of arts institutions. As Vice President of Marketing & Communications for Orchestra of St. Luke’s/The DiMenna Center for Classical Music in New York City, Rhoads successfully launched an innovative, business model that ensured the institution’s sustainability and success. Rhoads assumed the Executive Director role in 2016 at The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia, where he oversaw all facets of operations, including fundraising, programming, production, marketing, human resources, finance, administration, and board member recruitment.
Sign-up for email updates!
- Esperanza Arts Center Welcomes Daniel de Jesús as Music Education & Community Relations Director September 13, 2021
- Virtual Latino Arts Festival presented by Esperanza Arts Center September 7, 2021
- Hispanic organization marks 35 years investing in North Philly community August 26, 2021
- Biden’s child tax credit will spread wealth. But 13K Philly kids stand to miss out. WHYY; July. 23, 2021 July 29, 2021
- For the second time in a row the Hunting Park community loses a pool for summer, “the only source of heat relief” for many families.The Inquirer; July. 26, 2021 July 29, 2021