Mr. Rhoads attained his undergraduate degree in music composition and philosophy from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Following his studies in Madison, he pursued a degree in audio engineering and production from the Institute of Audio Research in New York City. His early career included roles directing the concert music division for Carl Fischer Music Publishers as well as presiding over of his own performing arts management and promotion agency through which he represented the interests of a wide variety of artists, publishers, and performers. In 2006, Mr. Rhoads’ professional career shifted to the management of arts institutions. As Vice President of Marketing & Communications for Orchestra of St. Luke’s/The DiMenna Center for Classical Music in New York City, Rhoads successfully launched an innovative, business model that ensured the institution’s sustainability and success. Rhoads assumed the Executive Director role in 2016 at The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia, where he oversaw all facets of operations, including fundraising, programming, production, marketing, human resources, finance, administration, and board member recruitment.
Sign-up for email updates!
- Philadelphia’s faith leaders partner with one another and the city to increase vaccine access in communities of color – WHYY; June. 12, 2021 June 14, 2021
- Forrópera Experiência, Community Arts Collaboration at Its Peak – THE DANCE Journal; May. 17, 2021 June 7, 2021
- Esperanza and Vanguard Strong Start for Kids Program™ Collaborate to Strengthen Early Childhood Education June 2, 2021
- City holds vaccination clinic for deaf, hard hearing communities in Hunting Park – 6abc Action News; May. 1, 2021 May 10, 2021
- Esperanza has been a success at vaccinating Latinos, but Black Philadelphians still lag behind – The Philadelphia Inquirer; May. 10, 2021 May 10, 2021