Mr. Rhoads attained his undergraduate degree in music composition and philosophy from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Following his studies in Madison, he pursued a degree in audio engineering and production from the Institute of Audio Research in New York City. His early career included roles directing the concert music division for Carl Fischer Music Publishers as well as presiding over of his own performing arts management and promotion agency through which he represented the interests of a wide variety of artists, publishers, and performers. In 2006, Mr. Rhoads’ professional career shifted to the management of arts institutions. As Vice President of Marketing & Communications for Orchestra of St. Luke’s/The DiMenna Center for Classical Music in New York City, Rhoads successfully launched an innovative, business model that ensured the institution’s sustainability and success. Rhoads assumed the Executive Director role in 2016 at The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia, where he oversaw all facets of operations, including fundraising, programming, production, marketing, human resources, finance, administration, and board member recruitment.
Sign-up for email updates!
- Too many Philadelphians continue to risk losing access to clean running water if they fall behind with paying their water bill. Our neighbors are relying on shut-off protections which need to be renewed. Water shutoffs is a public health issue and more importantly a moral one. We call upon the next Mayor of the City of Philadelphia to permanently renew these protections. November 7, 2023
- Univision 65, Esperanza and Impacto Media Invite the Candidates Back to North Philadelphia for “Filadelfia Decide: A Latino Community Conversation with Mayoral Candidates” November 1, 2023
- Vice President of Marketing and Communications, Jael Conde, is a part of VisitPhilly Hispanic Voices campaign, highlighting the rich diversity within Philadelphia’s Hispanic and Latino communities. October 6, 2023
- ‘Digital Navigator’ program to expand internet help to Philadelphia’s neighboring counties October 6, 2023
- Philly sends out 2nd wave of SEPTA ‘Zero Fare’ cards for low-income residents October 6, 2023