On September 9th, Esperanza, in partnership with Univision 65 and La Mega 1310AM, is launching a new outdoor initiative in order to promote community pride in the Hunting Park and 5th Street Corridor. Banners will go up on fences throughout the neighborhood to showcase some of the amazing members in our community including local business owners, students, and religious leaders.
Community members are encouraged to post “selfies” via social media with the hashtag #YoSoyLaCara in order to represent their neighborhood pride. The purpose of the campaign is to showcase community members who have invested in our neighborhood and all who are the “face” of Hunting Park. These are the faces of Hunting Park and the 5th Street Corridor. They represent ambition, perseverance and the ability to succeed.
If you haven’t already, please like Esperanza on Facebook and follow us on Instagram and Twitter at esperanza_us. We encourage you to participate in the initiative by posting your “selfies” with the hashtag #YoSoyLaCara to show your community pride, or repost our message on Esperanza’s Facebook page and re-tweet us on Twitter.
This initiative is made possible by funds from Banco Santander and Cancer Treatment Centers of America.
Sign-up for email updates!
- Wells Fargo Regional Foundation Announcement – Philadelphia Foundation YouTube Channel; Dec. 18, 2020 April 7, 2021
- Esperanza becomes the Second City Managed and Federally Supported Community Vaccination Center March 30, 2021
- Enfoque: regreso a clases seguro -Telemundo 62; Feb. 21, 2021 March 24, 2021
- We Need SEPTA to Clean Up, Not Close Up March 18, 2021
- Esperanza Statement on Capitol Building Events January 12, 2021