On Wednesday, October 1st, Reverend Luis Cortés introduced Hernán Guaracao, owner of Al Día newspaper, as this year’s winner of the NAMIC Paragon Legacy Award. Luis was one of Al Dia’s first members of its editorial board when the paper was founded and served for over 10 years. Both Hernán and Rev Luis have been dedicated leaders in the Hispanic community of Philadelphia for many years, tirelessly investing their time and efforts to build and strengthen the Hispanic community. Over the years, they have respected each other as colleagues and collaborated as partners. Given Rev. Luis’s and Esperanza’s close relationship with Hernán and Al Día over many years, it was our privilege to assist in bestowing this well-deserved recognition of Hernán’s work.
Sign-up for email updates!
- Esperanza Housing & Economic Development to Mobilize Community Through $20,000 TD Green Space Grant Program May 11, 2022
- “Celebrating Hope for Immigrants” To Raise Vital Support for Immigration Legal Services Non-Profit in North Philadelphia May 10, 2022
- Breaking Barriers: Stephanie’s Story of Hope April 22, 2022
- Martha’s Story: A New Season of Hope April 22, 2022
- Nohely’s Story of Hope: Empowering a New Generation of Entrepreneurs April 22, 2022