On Wednesday, October 1st, Reverend Luis Cortés introduced Hernán Guaracao, owner of Al Día newspaper, as this year’s winner of the NAMIC Paragon Legacy Award. Luis was one of Al Dia’s first members of its editorial board when the paper was founded and served for over 10 years. Both Hernán and Rev Luis have been dedicated leaders in the Hispanic community of Philadelphia for many years, tirelessly investing their time and efforts to build and strengthen the Hispanic community. Over the years, they have respected each other as colleagues and collaborated as partners. Given Rev. Luis’s and Esperanza’s close relationship with Hernán and Al Día over many years, it was our privilege to assist in bestowing this well-deserved recognition of Hernán’s work.
Sign-up for email updates!
- Too many Philadelphians continue to risk losing access to clean running water if they fall behind with paying their water bill. Our neighbors are relying on shut-off protections which need to be renewed. Water shutoffs is a public health issue and more importantly a moral one. We call upon the next Mayor of the City of Philadelphia to permanently renew these protections. November 7, 2023
- Univision 65, Esperanza and Impacto Media Invite the Candidates Back to North Philadelphia for “Filadelfia Decide: A Latino Community Conversation with Mayoral Candidates” November 1, 2023
- Vice President of Marketing and Communications, Jael Conde, is a part of VisitPhilly Hispanic Voices campaign, highlighting the rich diversity within Philadelphia’s Hispanic and Latino communities. October 6, 2023
- ‘Digital Navigator’ program to expand internet help to Philadelphia’s neighboring counties October 6, 2023
- Philly sends out 2nd wave of SEPTA ‘Zero Fare’ cards for low-income residents October 6, 2023