Dr. Jon Marsh comes to Esperanza with over 18 years of charter school leadership experience. He served eleven of those years, as Chief Executive Officer of the highest performing cyber school in the Commonwealth.
Dr. Marsh has been part of the national charter school movement in Minnesota since its inception in 1994. He was also part of the small team that opened the first charter school in that state in 1997.
He led the implementation of numerous online Pennsylvania Department of Education pilot initiatives designed for brick and mortar including CDTs, PVAAS, computer-based PSSA’s and Keystones.
Based on his experience and the school’s success, he testified numerous times on behalf of all charter and cyber schools in Pennsylvania to both the PA House and Senate, as well as the PA Auditor General.
Dr. Marsh earned his BAS from the University of Minnesota – Duluth in elementary education. He received his Master’s and Doctorate of Education in Educational Leadership & Management from Drexel University. His dissertation was a five-year study of first-year non-persistence in an online charter school.
He is also involved with his local church and currently serving as president of his church council.
Dr. Jon Marsh is married to Dr. Rose Marsh, a biology teacher, and they have two adult children and three grandchildren. In their spare time, Jon and Rose are converting a 219-year-old public library into their home.
Sign-up for email updates!
- Esperanza Housing & Economic Development to Mobilize Community Through $20,000 TD Green Space Grant Program May 11, 2022
- “Celebrating Hope for Immigrants” To Raise Vital Support for Immigration Legal Services Non-Profit in North Philadelphia May 10, 2022
- Breaking Barriers: Stephanie’s Story of Hope April 22, 2022
- Martha’s Story: A New Season of Hope April 22, 2022
- Nohely’s Story of Hope: Empowering a New Generation of Entrepreneurs April 22, 2022