David Ortiz is Esperanza’s Vice President of Housing and Economic Development. In this position, David oversees commercial corridor management, real estate development, housing counseling, STEM education, neighborhood beautification and safety. Prior to joining Esperanza in 2017, David worked for the City of Philadelphia and the Norris Square Civic Association with a focus on community planning, affordable housing, real estate and commercial development. As the son of a neighborhood business owner, David grew up in Hunting Park and attended local schools. He has a Master of City and Regional Planning from Cornell University and Bachelor of Arts in Urban Studies from the University of Pennsylvania.
Sign-up for email updates!
- Esperanza Housing & Economic Development to Mobilize Community Through $20,000 TD Green Space Grant Program May 11, 2022
- “Celebrating Hope for Immigrants” To Raise Vital Support for Immigration Legal Services Non-Profit in North Philadelphia May 10, 2022
- Breaking Barriers: Stephanie’s Story of Hope April 22, 2022
- Martha’s Story: A New Season of Hope April 22, 2022
- Nohely’s Story of Hope: Empowering a New Generation of Entrepreneurs April 22, 2022